Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, (I haven't posted here for a while)

My car was recently hit while in a supermarket parking lot, and the girl split. She broke my passenger-side taillight and scraped up the side of the bumper.

(If you see any White Chevy Silverados circa about 1990, which CHEVROLET in bold on the tailgate and a toolbox in the bed, and a scrape on the passenger side, driven by a woman about 20-ish in San Carlos, CA, let me know!!! :cry: :mad: :evil: :lol: )

I'm confident I can repair the bumper, but the taillight needs replacing. I'd prefer to not buy thru VW since that's likely very pricey.

Where can I buy aftermarket VW taillights for my 2001 B5 (not the 2001.5)? Internet searches turn up lots of taillights (OEM and other styles) for Jettas, but nada for Passats.

Help greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
If it was a girl that you saw, why didn't you chase her? :suspicio:

You have to get the taillight through VW, period. No other options unless you want to get a differnt style, in which case you'd need to replace both and it would be more expensive anyway. Try a junkyard or something if you want, they may have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SDPassatT said:

You have to get the taillight through VW, period. No other options unless you want to get a differnt style, in which case you'd need to replace both and it would be more expensive anyway. Try a junkyard or something if you want, they may have one.
The witnesses said she was a girl, in a chevy ... etc. I was in the store at the time and didn't know about the hit-and-run until I returned to my car.

It's kinda tough to chase down someone when you don't even know about it until after-the-fact :crazy:

Thanks for the tips. While I'll probably go stock, I wouldn't mind at least SEEING the aftermarket options for Passat taillights. But I've never found a single aftermarket 98-01 B5 passat taillight on the internet.

I'm pretty certain it's IMPOSSIBLE to buy B5 taillights anywhere but thru VW, but I was hoping clubb5 would prove me wrong. Oh well, at least I know what my options are.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
yoyo_dog said:
SDPassatT said:

...Oh well, at least I know what my options are.
Yes you do. Good luck. :D The stock lights look the best anyway, trust me. If anything, send them out to JonBoy for tinting. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.