Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hands down, the W in Hollywood or the Westin Bonaventure downtown (get a suite). The Westin at LAX was extremely nice as well, but location depends on what u plan on doing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The W is where I picked up the Phaeton for the test drive. Awesome looking hotel, at least the lobby. Watched a Ferrari 360 driving away, supposedly driven by Usher.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Definately look into The Standard (two locations: downtown LA and Hollywood) -- the ultimate in hip and cool, and surprisingly reasonable rates but make your reservations well in advance.

Here are other cool hotels in LA:
Avalon Hotel - this is where Marilyn Monroe once lived. Recently remodelled in a very cool 50's modern style.
The Mondrian - one of Ian Schrager's (former owner of infamous Club 57) line of very cool hotels in the U.S. and Europe and designed by world famous Philipe Starck.
The W Westward is nice, but more for the older crowd (afterall it is part of the Starward/Steraton Company), the hotels listed above would the best place to see and be seen with all the beautiful people. 8)

·
Registered
828 Posts
You don't say why you're coming to L.A. Hollywood is nice but very congested . . . O.K. the whole city is. Santa Monica is nice to stay and more resort like.
I have stayed at the Raddison on 2nd, north of Wilshire, the bar has a very nice view. The Miramar is old school cool.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I second the Standard. Pretty hip place, prob better for young ppl, and really close to some cool clubs and concert places. It's on Sunset, but it's a lot nicer part than Hollyood. The lobby feels more like a club on some evenings. There's also a 24hr diner inside the hotel, which is fun to hang out for breakfast after a night of clubbing :thumbup:

The Mondrian, which is right next door is also kinda cool. I really like the interior decor, and the inhouse rest. 'cuba de asia' is not bad. I don't like the crowd very much though. Seems like there's a lot of pretentious uptight artsy-fartsy types. Hotel staff seem to be very friendly though.

The W is nice too. The hotel is pretty modern in the lobby. I've only stayed at the W in San Francisco, but the rooms are very cool in an art-deco kinda way. I ate at one of the restaurants there once. While the menu is interesting, I felt the food wasn't exeptional. It's not cheap, but do think it's worth to stay there if only for the experience. It's in Westwood iirc, which is more of a UCLA college kid area, and feels really commercial. I like hipper the Sunset crowd much more, but it's really up to you to decide. It is prob a lot more convenient area though, being that it's located close to the 405 freeway.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. They're all fun places!

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
The W is by far the hippest current hotel. Almost funny!

I have seen a musician everytime I went. Sighted; Busta Rhymes, Redman, DMX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
OCTICK
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing