Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems certain now...
http://tinyurl.com/cyaxb

In Ohio, Sen. Clinton calls on Democrats to close internal rift
Accepts position in centrist group

By Rick Klein, Globe Staff | July 26, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- With a moderate message and a call for a ''cease-fire" between the Democratic Party's liberal and moderate factions, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton accepted a new leadership post yesterday with the Democratic Leadership Council, the centrist group that helped propel her husband to the presidency in 1992.

Clinton's increased involvement with the DLC -- the organization Bill Clinton used as a springboard to his national campaign when he was governor of Arkansas -- is the latest indication that she is seeking to build a moderate base for a possible run for the presidency in 2008.

At the DLC's annual convention in Columbus yesterday, the senator's address to about 300 state and local Democratic officials promised a return to the prosperity of the Bill Clinton presidency. Using imagery first conjured by her husband, she blasted Republicans, saying they are presiding over a sluggish economy and allowing the nation's image in the world to tarnish.

(continues)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm pretty middle of the road on Hillary. I neither see any great appeal, nor do I think she's the anti-Christ as so many do.

She's going to have to really SHOW me some smarts and ideas before she gets my vote (as will ANY cantidate).

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Too early to tell, and it'll be interesting to see how she holds up when the mud starts flinging as we get closer.

But as Commander in Chief :salute: ... hmmm ... definitely will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I don't know how I feel about her. What is interesting, is that she didn't go to jail for doing the same things as Martha Stewart, but that's another matter.........

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I would vote for anyone but Bush but I would rather that vote not go for someone who's husband got his knob slobbed and is still with his ass.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
NUISANCE said:
I would vote for anyone but Bush but I would rather that vote not go for someone who's husband got his knob slobbed and is still with his ass.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
She doesn't have the ego for this, but the best thing she can do for the party is run as a "human shield" to take heat from the republican machine while other candidates build support.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
She needs to learn how to blow first....or start doing so. :lol:

Honestly though, to me it doesnt matter if its a male or female. One is worst then the other....what does it really matter. All politics are scumbags....PERIOD.

NUISANCE said:
Basically....agreed.

We had enough of politicians supporting terrorists...then turning against them. Can you imagine Hillary? After 9/11 she would probably go visit BinLadden and Taliban....and try to make up.

:lol:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
She's got huge negative opinion ratings to overcome. She's on track to have a shot at doing that though. 25 years of the Bush/Clinton monarchy. (placed in alphabetical order)

·
Registered
391 Posts
roccodan said:
I'm not from the US so I don't know why so many people hate her. Can some one fill me in please. Merci.
Exactly, I'm still trying to figure it out. I think that it’s disturbing to many people that a woman has a shot to make legitimate run for the presidency. Could be people's own insecurities. Since when is it a bad thing to stay with an unfaithful spouse? What happen to "for better or for worse...?" How many other unfaithful, married politicians are still out there? She definitely has some work to do if she wants to run. But the bottom is there are a bunch Clinton HATERS out there and even more people just following the crowd.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Passaraj said:
I think that it’s disturbing to many people that a woman has a shot to make legitimate run for the presidency.
I'll give ya a hint....it IS NOT cause she's a woman. I would vote for a woman in a heartbeat as long as she was qualified and showed that she had the balls to stand for what's right. So, think again.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
What gets me is that she had the nerve to run for Senate in New York, a state she has never lived in, and actually WON. That still baffles me.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts