Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There,

Recently my company bought me the new passat ( b8 facelift 2022, 1.5 TSI DSG, base-business trim) as a work car.

I noticed that when I start on a hill, if the hill is steep/big, the car goes back 1-2inches.

I saw in the technical data that my passat has hill start assist but I am not sure how to activate it.

Please advise me - is there a way to activate the HSA or I should use the auto hold option. I am not sure if they mean different things, but in my head the HSA should keep the car steady on hills for 2-3 seconds until I press the gas pedal , instead as the auto hold works to keep the cars stopped every time I press the brake.

Is it possible my car does not have the hill assist ? I see that all trims have it.
Can you please explain how it works ? Does the car indicate when it is activated? Or I simply have to use the auto hold button.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Passat Estate 2.0D BlueMotion GT 2018
2 Posts
Yes just use the auto hold button :) there will be a Green coloured "P" symbol in the instrument binnacle when it activates the e-handbrake automatically won you come to a standstill and it auto releases on pull away. (Just keep the button switched on and it will auto activate on next engine start) .The "P" will turn red when the car is turned off and the hand brake auto activates at the end of the journey (if the auto hold button is kept on of course)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts