1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarah Palin's makeup artist is McCain campaign's highest paid staffer

By Gary Fennelly
Monday, 27 October 2008

Sarah Palin's makeup artist was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October.

The traveling makeup artist was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission.

The figure means that the make-up artist was "the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain's presidential campaign," according to the New York Times.

Amy Strozzi, nominated for an Emmy award makeup work on the show "So You Think You Can Dance?", was paid more than John McCain's foreign policy adviser and his senior communications staffer.

McCain's foreign policy adviser, Randy Scheunemann, was paid $12,500 for same period according to the finance reports.

The campaign categorized Strozzi's payment as "Personnel Svc/Equipment."

The Republican National Committee received strong criticism this week after a report showed that around $150,000 was spent on clothing, makeup and hair for Palin and her family in September.

"Those clothes are not my property. We had three days of using clothes that the RNC purchased," Palin told Fox News.

Meanwhile, the Obama campaign has said it paid for hair and makeup costs, but neither the campaign nor the Democratic National Committee has paid for clothing.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
I read about this this weekend. That is alot of moolah... talk about excessive spending....

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
My hat is off to Amy Strozzi. Good for her to get that much money in such a short period of time. It just shows once again how poorly managed the McSame campaign is that they are wasting their money on make-up instead of substance.:crazy:

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking along the lines that people are so stupid they need her to "look" good, but she can sound like a total moron, and that's not a big deal. I would think a person that says "ya BetCha", etc. would spend the money on learning how to not sound like an idiot.

·
The Rubberband Man
3,552 Posts
She's done a good job of making her look like Tina Fey.....and way to go hiding that post-baby fat! Shadows rule. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is exactly what we should be concerned with! Palins clothes and make up! I'm not complaining, she looks pretty damn sexy! lol

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
I read about this this weekend. That is alot of moolah... talk about excessive spending....
They're just getting warmed up in case they win the election. After all, that's what Republican presidents do best: Raise government spending to unprecedented levels...

...and find ways to blame Democrats for it.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you noticed how as it becomes more and more clear what scumbags the McShame camp are... loyal followers have less and less to say?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts