Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got this about a month ago, and it hasn't come back. Until today. I get this high-pitched sorta chirping sound from the front right when I turn right. It only happens when I'm moving. I checked the power steering fluid, great. The first time it happened, I was driving a little faster than I was supposed to on a sharp windy road. Today, I drove 40 miles to work, no sound. I just left (sick) and there it was. It's kind of like a metal on metal rubbing/squealing sound. I talked to one of the guys at the dealership today, and he said the swaybar moves sometimes (and he didn't even charge me for it! :thumbup: ). Does that sound plausible? What might be other culprits?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Rock wedged between brakedisc and brakedisc shield? Not quite like your described symptons but I just got it the other day and the squeeling/chirping sound only occured while braking/turning into a corner. The rock got off by backing up a bit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a rock. Thanx, though, FIN_4Mo. My buddies and I are gonna put it up on stands and check the wheel bearings and sway bar, and sway bar bushings, and a couple of other things I'm probably forgetting. Will keep you posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts