Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just checked the components of the headlight system on my 2002 passat 1.8t on bently's cd. i have projectors so does that mean i have HID's, and in the cd it says that the car has a control module (ballast) for the HId but im not sure if my car has them. does any one know where exactly is the control modul located ???

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
hi i just checked the components of the headlight system on my 2002 passat 1.8t on bently's cd. i have projectors so does that mean i have HID's, and in the cd it says that the car has a control module (ballast) for the HId but im not sure if my car has them. does any one know where exactly is the control modul located ???

if you have HIDs the ballast is on the bottom of the headlight housing. but there wasn't a 1.8t made that came with HIDs. If you're looking for a set I have a set for sale. $650 shipped if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
No, you have H7 halogen projectors, not Xenon HID...
He's right!

You can get HID conversion kits though. McCulloch makes a quality kit. I've read a few articles about the halogen projectors not having the correct cut off for use with HID bulbs, but I've never heard any first hand accounts of this being a problem.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
He's right!

You can get HID conversion kits though. McCulloch makes a quality kit. I've read a few articles about the halogen projectors not having the correct cut off for use with HID bulbs, but I've never heard any first hand accounts of this being a problem.
The drawback is very nominal at best. Save yourself some money and go with McCulloch.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
You're one step ahead of us B5ers though. We have to get projector headlights before we can even get HIDs, so consider yourself lucky. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts