Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Hidden menu B6

14190 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  naterr
Anyone know how to access the the hidden menu on a b6? im talking about the menu where on older VW's with climatronic you kept the recycle button depressed and then temp + or - showed extra features like oil temp, boost etc.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Anyone know how to access the the hidden menu on a b6? im talking about the menu where on older VW's with climatronic you kept the recycle button depressed and then temp + or - showed extra features like oil temp, boost etc.
I seemed to remember it involved holding a couple of the buttons down on the climatronic but I really don't remember the combination.
He's right. I forget as well but it is a combination of two of the buttons and you get your "secret" hidden menu. I was doing it for a while but then got over it and then (of course) my old brain forgot.
Is this hidden menu also on the B4? I know the VR6 has a feature where you can get a display of your oil temp, coolant temp and things like that... the little window that has the km's is bigger on those things then on mine... i have a TDI and i dont have that, but is there something hidden? Didnt mean to hijack the thread... just wondering. Thanks
the b5 menu was fan up, and econ, i believe.
I was messing with mine yesterday....If you hold down the Auto and AC button on the Climatronic (far right) then it gets you to that weird menu. I then forget where to dial it in to get to the speed and oil temp and stuff like that.

Getting closer. :)
I was messing with mine yesterday....If you hold down the Auto and AC button on the Climatronic (far right) then it gets you to that weird menu. I then forget where to dial it in to get to the speed and oil temp and stuff like that.

Getting closer. :)
was this on the b5.5, or the b6?
if you did that on the b5.5, i believe you may have accessed the diagnostic code feature.

the data stream through the climatronic is for SURE the lower right most button, be it auto or econ, which i'm pretty sure is econ. i never use either of them, and always set the car to 1 bar of 73 just for fresh air so it doesn't get stagnant.
was this on the b5.5, or the b6?
if you did that on the b5.5, i believe you may have accessed the diagnostic code feature.

the data stream through the climatronic is for SURE the lower right most button, be it auto or econ, which i'm pretty sure is econ. i never use either of them, and always set the car to 1 bar of 73 just for fresh air so it doesn't get stagnant.
I'm sorry. B6.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.