Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this over at Boston Audi Group forums:

There's been mad shit going on in Boston...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know how are those headlights mounted in that Audi, but when I installed my OEM HID it was really hard, I even had to loose the bumper in order to do it, so I can't imagine somebody stealing them. You would have to leave the car alone for many hours, and they would have to break in your car and open the hood at least..

Bastards :mad:, with those skills they should have a repair shop instead of being stealing.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I would rather have the bumper and the washers. Fucking theives! I hate them. I saw an Acura TL (older model) with their lights jacked in my neighborhood last week. But it's mostly Altimas and Maximas with stolen HIDs in my neck of the woods. It's been going on for a couple of years now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you look at the front corner of the drivers fender and also about 2" up the passenger fender, you can see where they had to distort the sheetmetal. I'm pretty sure you have to at least pop the hood on the S4 to get the lights out.

Either way, that sucks bad. :mad: Hopefully they have good insurance w/a low deductible. Time for Euro HID?

·
Registered
696 Posts
What are these untermensch going to do with them? put hids on a chain and hang them around their necks?? yo yo yo check dis out yo !! hid bling bling

:mad: :mad: :mad: All thieves must die :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Probably if you have the corners out, you can get to the headlights without popping the hood. that's were you can see the sheet metal bent.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was reading a news article where they were taking the lights just for the bulbs alone. They'd put a bar in the back of the lights and pry them out. Once guy had like $5500 in damage for two figgen light bulbs.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
julianfang said:
it's bad enough to get your hids jacked...and THEN to also have the body damaged....

luckily HIDs don't come std. on passats, so the common thief would not know the difference...
i believe they only come standard on the W8.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
13 Participants
ywang98
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing