Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some info on HID's. I was this kit on the net at http://annarbor.craigslist.org/pts/216302188.html and was wondering if it looked good. I also wanted to know what color is best, I was thinking of going with some 8000k's if I could find some good ones. Also will they look alot like the newer passat and A4 head lights. Am i assuming correctly that they look much better with a porjector (which I have). This may be a stupid question but does the B5.5 W8 have HID's. Please fill me in on any other info that is needed. Thanks

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If it's a true McCulloch HID kit then yes it's worth the buy, as they are regarded as one of the best kits to buy around these parts.

Most after market HID kits are designed for projector style housings, since you have them already you're good to go. IIRC yes the W8 does come w/ HIDs or it may be the Euro spec ones that do, I don't drive a W8 so I'm not 100% positive.

As for color temp, I wouldn't go w/ anything over 6000K personally. OEM color temps tend to be between 4300K and 5000K which will give you the nice bright white color w/ the blueish purple hue at certain angles usually only visable to oncoming traffic or if you're lights are projected on a wall. 8000K is going to give you a blue/purple color no matter what, and is actually much dimmer (less light output on the road) than the OEM temp kits.

Hope this helps you some.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what you are saying the 6000 sound the best.

Does any one know what the new passat's and Audi's are for color temp?

Also do you now what the BMW's have for color temp?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
from what you are saying the 6000 sound the best.

Does any one know what the new passat's and Audi's are for color temp?

Also do you now what the BMW's have for color temp?

Thanks
Like I said, most OEM HIDs are going to range from 4300K to 5000K, including Audi, VW, and BMW.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
all OEM stock HID units are 4300K from ACURA - VW..... either D1s D2S & D2R......
as for the W8 they all come with the factory OEM HID's but only in Europe the b5.5 came with the W8 headlights factory installed as an option

this guy in NYC has the cheapest HID kit ever and hes local in NYC (no africa scams here)
my cousin bought a set from him @$175 6000k for his A4 and no problems what so ever ;;;
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pts/221464569.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts