Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing research on cheap eBay angel eye headlights, and I know that in general you get what you pay for. But these apparently include HID ballasts and bulbs. I just want to know if anyone knows anything about these, or if I should steer clear. I wanted new headlights since one's cracked so it gives me an excuse to buy new ones :lol: Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e3861374

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
If you mean total parts for both sides, then yes. Keep in mind that there are other parts such as the Tie rod ends that should be replaced as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steer clear of these headlights!
I saw them on Amazon with normal halogen bulbs for the same price - still not good?

If you mean total parts for both sides, then yes. Keep in mind that there are other parts such as the Tie rod ends that should be replaced as well.
So at approximate $100 a control arm thats $800 for parts, $300-$400 for labor at the local indy, $75 alinment? Only 6 of my control arms are shot - shuld I replace all? And is $1,300 a good estimate for all 8?

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
I saw them on Amazon with normal halogen bulbs for the same price - still not good?

So at approximate $100 a control arm thats $800 for parts, $300-$400 for labor at the local indy, $75 alinment? Only 6 of my control arms are shot - shuld I replace all? And is $1,300 a good estimate for all 8?
I am pretty sure you can get a complete kit for $600 or so. Labor is difficult to say, but installing them yourself is a pretty easy job, there is a write up on here that shows you exactly what to do in order to install them on the car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got a set of 8 FEBI (excluding tie rods that I had to do before) control arms around $500 (ecstuning). Almost all write-ups suggest doing them all at once with good quality arms so you don't have to worry about them again... mine were done 2 years ago and I have had no complaint what so ever since.
I also found so far that only the stealer could do a proper alignment on the car. That is a personal opinion, but I did noticed a huge improvement in how the car handles that was night and day compared with any alignment any indy ever attempted. :driving:

·
Registered
165 Posts
you should keep one subject per thread otherwise it makes searching horrendous..

please steer clear from angel eyes.. theyre tacky on everything but a BMW.. find yourself some nice projectors w/ an h.i.d. setup and itll look perfect :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts