Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Welcome to the club. If you chip your car your speed limiter will not be an issue. The turbos have been known to go out on the Passats, B5 generation and alot of people upgrade their turbo's. If you chip your car however, I would be careful about doing the nitrous. If I did nitrous on my V6 I would go no higher then 50 shots.

Since I own a V6, I am not sure information-wise about the upgraded pistons and how much help hp-wise it would be?. Good luck and again welcome.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate the thoughts guys.. i have been searching round the net. it seems like ill have to get all the forged parts from a whole bunch of various different manufacturers.. but thats all right. i plan on taking this engine to its fullest potential. which i hope is pretty high.. Its to bad, i dont think i can put a at procharger on it, man those things rule. if anyone has any other tunning suggestions i am more then gratefull for your help

·
Registered
221 Posts
My 2 cents

I wouldn't do a nitrous system. A few people tell me that engine rebuils are necessary after use of nos as o-rings (or rings of some sort) and other parts snap or wear out or whatnot. Engine rebuilds are probably not cheap.

Good luck with your car. Lets see some pics soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey hart house thanks for that link bro. that is exactly what i was looking for.. OMG thanks..

The other question is i plan on getting the Neuspeed high performance suspension mods and i was woundering, when the suspension mods are done, and the car is lowered will i have to get a body kit for my car, because im worried that the bottom of the fenders and side pannels will scrape the ground

My next question is very important.. my car currently has the stock 15 inch rims and tires on it.. I know that i will need to get upgraded rims with high performance z rated tires but after the suspension mods if i put on say a 17x9 rims on my car with toyo proxes st tires how far off will my speedometer be.. if its far off how can i get it corrected. I hope im asking this right im not sure what the exact terminalogy is

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Krillin,

I have the Neuspeed Sport Springs on my car. I also am running 19 X 8's on my car with a offset of 35. The tires are 225/35 with absolutely no rubbing of any kind. I am not sure what you mean by
when the suspension mods are done, and the car is lowered will i have to get a body kit for my car, because im worried that the bottom of the fenders and side pannels will scrape the ground

When I had 17 X 8's on my car with 225/45's I was not off really at all regarding my speedometer. Now that I have the 19's on my car I can look at my climatronics additional settings that you can change over to see the true speed that the car (are cars speedos are set about 3-4 mph ahead) is running and it is pretty much where it should be. If you have the "climatronic" system there is a setting you can change and I can show you if you have one. Good luck. Here is what my car looks like lowered.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
As long as you follow the +1, +2 e.t.c. sizing, you should be fine.

16" - 55 Series Tire
17" - 45 Series Tire
18" - 40 Series Tire
19" - 35 Series Tire

If you do that, your speedo will never be off by more than 1 or 2 MPH.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool thanks for the info. ya cool. ill do the mods with out worry then glxpasssat thanks for clairfying that.. S-klass when you say +1 what do you mean. i want to get some 17'' tires i dont want some weird half size if thats what you mean.. and what is a 45 series tire i dont understand what that means.. like the rims i like are 17x9 motegi (spelling?) race rims with. is that correct in terms of what you mean..

and lol ya krillin is my favorite character besides Vegeta. i Feel that Krillin is very underappreciated and if he would have trained harder he would have reached even higher power lvls then he currently has..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool thanks for the tip meltemie, guy022077 i plan on getting the kit from ecs tunning.. thanks for the offer tho bro..

But Can someone plz eplain what s-klass was talking bout with the hole +1 tire size thing.. like ok im at the rim store what exactly should i say to the sales man like i want this rim in size bla bla bla bla and ultra high performance tires in bla bla bla.. im new to the whole upgrade thing and need this stuff spelled out for me. i hate to be a pain in the ass but i hope you understand.. :bow:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just want some good looking 17 inch rims with tires that are considered ultra high performance like toyo proxes st rated at 168+ mph.. but i would hate for my speedo to be off by 15mph or more. I wish my car had that climatronic thing that glxpasst was talking bout all i have is gage that says mfa 2 and the time and then a odometer..

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
krillin said:
i just want some good looking 17 inch rims with tires that are considered ultra high performance like toyo proxes st rated at 168+ mph.. but i would hate for my speedo to be off by 15mph or more. I wish my car had that climatronic thing that glxpasst was talking bout all i have is gage that says mfa 2 and the time and then a odometer..
you dont have to worry about the speedometer thing so long as you get it right http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html or read the tire sticky in the wheel forum

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.