Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:
So, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask yet, but I am in desperate need of tips or suggestions on how I can remove the 5 rear hub assembly bolts that you access through the hole in the hub assembly. They are very rusty and will not budge - a friend thinks they might have to be cut and drilled out ...any thoughts or tips on the best way to do this? I have searched around on google but can't really find much. Would greatly appreciate any help or guidance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
First soak the area with break-free or PB Blaster. Let them soak and reapply. If you can reapply throughout the week and let them sit until the weekend, that is perfectly fine. If break-free doesn't work, try heating with a torch and then try removing. Takes whatever precautions you need to avoid damaging the brake pads and don't let any break-free get on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had same issue a few years ago and had to have a friend put a torch and a lot of muscle into it. Finally worked but took some heavy persuasion. Keep soaking it with PB and best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.