Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what tire pressure have you found to be the best compromise between ride and handlling? I'm running the stock suspension if that factors in to the equation.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I am currently running 33psi, but i think i'll up to aroudn 36-38 since the road is getting warmer :thumbup:

(but i am running on a stiffer/lowered spring and shock, when you are on stock suspension you won't feel the road as much, so if you up your psi to around 37 you won't experience the same type of road noise somebody would here in a lowered car)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
mentos said:
how many inches have you dropped your car with 17" wheels?
also, which springs you guys use?
I am lowered 50mm (2") and have alittle less than one finger when i am inside the car. I am running the FK hightec Cup Kit, 35-40mm drop (drop was much lower than expected, but happy about it)

·
Registered
94 Posts
merk20VT said:
mentos said:
how many inches have you dropped your car with 17" wheels?
also, which springs you guys use?
I am lowered 50mm (2") and have alittle less than one finger when i am inside the car. I am running the FK hightec Cup Kit, 35-40mm drop (drop was much lower than expected, but happy about it)
kewl...

pics?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IDriveB5 said:
40front 38 rear
Wow :shock: Doesn't the ride beat you up a bit :???:

·
Registered
152 Posts
36 psi all around w/ Eibach Pro-Kit springs and bilstein sports. Good ride :thumbup:

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,673 Posts
I have been using 35psi all around. Car has Bilstein sport shocks and Neuspeed sport springs. That said I wish I had gotten 16" wheels instead. Things are just to bumpy, and the tires are cheaper and lighter.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I run my 225/45/17 Sumitomos between 28 and 30 psi and love it. I'd say just experiment based on the road conditions in your area and driving style.

I personally find 36-40 psi way way high especially with sport springs on rough pavement. Just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i fun 40FR/38R also on 225/45/17 dunlops with Sachs Sport Susp....about a 1.8"drop up front, and 1.6" out back...i love it, and the response is real nice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
hateshondas
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing