Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, we just opened a new vw site, thought if you guys wanted a change of atmosphere you could visit us. your choice guys, thanks if you decide to, we could really use the support in our forum... www.vwhookup.com

thanks,
dave

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Whoa, you've got some serious issues with the design of your site there. My Netscape 7.1 just went ballistic and started to open up new windows like crazy. After about 15 seconds it took about 500 MB of my memory.

Needless to say, NO THANKS, I :heart: ClubB5!

·
Registered
180 Posts
vw innovations said:
hey everyone, we just opened a new vw site, thought if you guys wanted a change of atmosphere you could visit us. your choice guys, thanks if you decide to, we could really use the support in our forum... www.vwhookup.com

thanks,
dave
How come I didnt see Club :b5: under your sweet sites forum!!! and not one Passat hummmmmmm :crazy: :suspicio:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as serious site issues go, i view the site on three locations everyday, and it loads for me just fine, there are no popups assocaiated with my site. Also we are not strictly a passat site, although some on on my site is selling one, and someone in my forum is selling some parts for one, and i sell preformance parts for them! Anyways i just thought that i would let you know that we are, and like volkswagen people, and I thought you guys would not put me down.

sory

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we are bolth, we are a forum, vw car club, store, and enthuiast site. We have some projects in the happening, and some vw innovations designed parts soon to be.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
vw innovations said:
As far as serious site issues go, i view the site on three locations everyday, and it loads for me just fine, there are no popups assocaiated with my site.
Anyways i just thought that i would let you know that we are, and like volkswagen people, and I thought you guys would not put me down.

sory

not putting you down here, but just FYI- i just tried to visit your site, it locked up my browser (safari v1.2 on MacOS 10.3). Nice NB on the front page though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, sory about that, for some reason its not mac user friendly. That beetle is nice, there is more on it in the gallery. let me know if there is anything that you guys see wrong with the site, i will fix them

dave :)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
The issue with Netscape 7.1 seems to be plugin related, but yes, it loads an as sload of new browser instances hogging up memory and annoying the shit out of me.

Your Clubb5.com link links to parts4vws.com. Your news reader on the home page is not scrollable in 7.1. Also, unless you got approval from VW to use their logo once they catch wind of your site you'll receive some correspondence, copyrighting a logo that infringes on an already trademarked logo is just asking for trouble, unless of course VW gave you approval. However, VW tends to be like the Beatles.

Also, if you are going to break out other models by platform 9in teh classifieds) you should do the same for the Passats.

Good luck with the site, it's a decent start.

FYI, this will probably get moved to OT.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
vw innovations said:
yeah, sory about that, for some reason its not mac user friendly. That beetle is nice, there is more on it in the gallery. let me know if there is anything that you guys see wrong with the site, i will fix them

dave :)
Hey thanks for letting us know about the site. Maybe let us know what Passat specific parts you guys have.

Also, on this page, you refer to the 2001.5 -2003 Passat as a 2.0 liter. It is actually a 1.8t.

http://www.vwhookup.com/sales_interior_benevento_dashkits.html

Thanks and keep us up to date on your goings on!

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmmmm...you're in CT and I am in CT, I would be curious to check out the operation or garage but there is no indication of an address. I am gearing up to do some tweaking on my 01 4-mot wagon. I'll check back in later... :roll:

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,665 Posts
vw innovations said:

thanks,
dave
can-o-spam anyone? :evil:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Hey, nice start of a website, i enjoyed it. I'm still a :b5: er all the way but i can appreciate the work you started to put in the website. I looked thru it (pics and all) and did not run any problems going thru it. But yes, there is no :b5: ???, gotta have one in there bro. Good luck with it, later.......Rah..... :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone, as a corrado owner, and not a passat fan, i am still not down with all the b5 lingo. I would love for you guys to upload a few pics in the forum and a bio for our gallery. You guys said you wanted to see a few passats in there. We do have vw aproval for the logo, and new parts a being posted every week, check back for updates, thanks for the support guys. We hope to soon be a well knowen volkswagen site. We are making our dabue at waterfest this summer. As far as my spelling goes, i am dyslexic, and i cant spell very well, there is no spell check on the program i use.

dave
p.s. i just scrolled through this site, and i dont want to sound negitive, but it did not have alot of content. the sales was a link to tire rack, and then there was the members. Dont get me wrong you guys have a masave forum, which i envy compleatly, but i just thoght ther would be more content

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
vw innovations said:
thanks everyone, as a corrado owner, and not a passat fan, i am still not down with all the b5 lingo. I would love for you guys to upload a few pics in the forum and a bio for our gallery. You guys said you wanted to see a few passats in there. We do have vw aproval for the logo, and new parts a being posted every week, check back for updates, thanks for the support guys. We hope to soon be a well knowen volkswagen site. We are making our dabue at waterfest this summer. As far as my spelling goes, i am dyslexic, and i cant spell very well, there is no spell check on the program i use.

dave
p.s. i just scrolled through this site, and i dont want to sound negitive, but it did not have alot of content. the sales was a link to tire rack, and then there was the members. Dont get me wrong you guys have a masave forum, which i envy compleatly, but i just thoght ther would be more content
Well... it sounds like you have the wrong idea about us... Club :b5: is just that... a club. The only sales we have are a few shirts and soon (hopefully) some stickers. As for the forum, I think that's really all there is to see on B5... thats why we're here. In reference to spelling, don't worry about it, some people on here are just spelling Nazi's. Nice site, look forward to seeing some cool cars on there in the future :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
26 Participants
vw innovations
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing