Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 VW 1.8t passat ... oh yeah baby going for the famliy sedan baby ... well i had a friend that had a Greddy Turbo Timer (silver) in his Ford Probe GT and unfortanetly this kid put probably about $7 K into his car ... it was phat, he had nice wheels, great exhausts that was ruined, awesome sound system including TV which also was ruined, and all the gauges and the best was his triple shot NOS, this kid had a death wish obviously ...lol ... jk... , well he ended up totaling his car by flipping it down a hill at a intersection :cry: and he was able to salvage several things from this car ... i bought his turno timer for $25 which is a hell of a deal and it is a UNIVERSAL TURBO TIMER from Greddy. I looked around on the web and also on the Greddy website on how to install this sucker and could not find one thing on how to :crazy: ... i know i have some work to do, but i want a very clean install in which i install this in my CD pocket (would look real tight) ... can anyone help me on this, i have a friend that mentioned a wiring harness that would plug right into the car ... any ideas or comments let me know? Preciate Your Time :bow:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Re: thanks alot ... where do i get the harness

skwazoo said:
where do i get the harness ... do i even need one?
You can't because they do not exist for the Passat. One of the links above is for the MWG trigger circuit. You only need that if you have a b5.5 (2001.5 and up). Other than that, you have to do all the wiring. Thats why I posted the install page also. Do a quick search and you'll probably see that this has been a problem for everybody (I know the search feature isn't working the best but it should turn up some info). If one of the timer companies would make a harness for VWs, I would think they could clean up in all the sales they would get. :crazy: :mad: :crazy: :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
V-MANN
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing