Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 2.8 as you are cruising at low speeds motor cuts in and out, and then runs smooth.Own car since new summer driver 88,000 miles like new. Only spark plug change in last two years. Manual 6 speed new clutch,preasure plate and fly wheel at 80,000 miles

·
Registered
2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion
188 Posts
Good on you for holding her for so long....Time for VCDS codes. Too many possibles to give you a reasonable diagnosis...and without the codes you are just throwing money at her.

PS - What I wouldn't do for a 6 speed!

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
The 2.8 was not sold with a 6sp in the US but it could be modified. If the car has not been driven much (like many of us recently), it may just need a good cleaning (plugs, carbon, throttle body, injectors).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2.8 was not sold with a 6sp in the US but it could be modified. If the car has not been driven much (like many of us recently), it may just need a good cleaning (plugs, carbon, throttle body, injectors).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This 6 speed was sold at a Vw dealer in Ct . My wife bought this car totally loaded every option ,Black Magic paint pearl 10 disc changer etc. Car has a history of no codes! Mobil 1 since day 1 and filter.Just the other day in closed loop car jerked like i was going over one of those highway strips for a second checked for codes but Innova could not give me fuel trim actually i was not happy with units out come. Car has 88,000 miles on it K&N filter which i think canbe over oiled and affect map sensor in throttle body, which i had happened once, but it could have been poor attachment of flexible hose from throttle body. Car is going in next week for timing belt $1200 ,but what can you buy for that amount new? Any suggestions on hesitation? Also fuel filter is getting changed at timing belt change.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,287 Posts
What part of CT? A good buddy of mine in CT could probably do that timing belt for cheaper. I’d trust him with my car more than any shop. I could see if he’d be up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of CT? A good buddy of mine in CT could probably do that timing belt for cheaper. I’d trust him with my car more than any shop. I could see if he’d be up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shop is used by my son who has a TT , Audi, MB. Top shelf work in and out one day Car paint is flaw less have to have shop do it for if they screw up etc i can have a means of screwing them. Car is in Glastonbury CT. Looked at VW dealer in area just do not trust them to pad the bill with extras. Other shops to dirty and shit all over place. Yea cheaper if you are driving a roach.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Air box clip off sucking to much air to. adjust fuel to air. That was the problem !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts