Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll bet that VWGUY4EVER doesn't see one of these roll into the service bays every day. I have no idea what this is or how old it is. Can anyone put any facts to it? I could imagine guys in black leather raincoats getting out of this car...

Sorry for the dark pic - I took it this morning and it was pretty overcast.
[/img]

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SDPassatT said:
Looks similar to a '53 180 or a '54 220. I'd have to guess it's a 180 (if I had to guess).
That old? I thought maybe early '60's. If I can catch a better shot of it, I'll post it.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Altair 4 said:
SDPassatT said:
Looks similar to a '53 180 or a '54 220. I'd have to guess it's a 180 (if I had to guess).
That old? I thought maybe early '60's. If I can catch a better shot of it, I'll post it.
Yes, that old. IIRC, the front lights of early-60's M-Bs were bigger, and the cars also had "fins" on the rear corners just like old Caddys are notorious for.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I<3myW8 said:
Where in Pittsburgh did you see this? It may be coming to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, with all it's dead-guy-in-the-trunk-smell glory. :thumbup:
I've seen this car around for close to a year, but this was the first time I had a camera with me. Believe me, it's not here for the Vintage Grand Prix - the car is rough, and the house it parks in front of is even rougher.

But speaking of the VGP, I gotta say, this is my favorite time of the year. You never know what you'll see on the roads. Last week, I spied a few original Mini's, and there's a XKE floating around my area, too. I love those old cars!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.