Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
sounds great, so what did you do, change piping to 2.5" all the way to back muffler that is a 20" magnaflow with dual tips?

thats pretty simple and sounds great.. so no resonator at all right?

do you get drone at constant speed on say highway

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is the video, 2.5" from downpipe flange back to a 20" Magnaflow muffler with dual tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Kvwb4tNak
Sounds nice. Like my old setup, kinda miss those days.

I am now running a 3" Turbo back (no cat) system in my 1.8 with Resonator going into a Magnaflow with a single hidden tip.

How is your interior volume when cruising at highway speeds? I am considering a dual outlet tip for my B5 as I find the interior a bit boomy at times (same issue when I had the 2.5 Cat system).

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is very pleasant and fairly quiet on the inside, I get very little drone. Cruising on the highway the exhaust sound is non existant. All together the setup cost me like $210.00. It is 2.5" straight with a Magnaflow muffler and no resonators, I plan to maybe do a TT highflow cat and a downpipe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds nice. Like my old setup, kinda miss those days.

I am now running a 3" Turbo back (no cat) system in my 1.8 with Resonator going into a Magnaflow with a single hidden tip.

How is your interior volume when cruising at highway speeds? I am considering a dual outlet tip for my B5 as I find the interior a bit boomy at times (same issue when I had the 2.5 Cat system).
3" ? Is this a DIY or is this available in a box? Are you saying that your "new setup" is too loud at highway speeds?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts