Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that I have your attention... ;) and some of you already know what I mean.

my oldest daughter got selected to go to a conference in San Diego by one of her professors along with two other students. the conference allowed them to present the results of a research project that they as students were doing for the professor. I have a brother who lives in San diego, so he got a chance to see his niece during her trip.

yesterday, she shot me a text message after she met my brother and nephew (her cousin) for lunch - they took her to In-N-Out Burger for her very first time there. Her cousin told her about the secret menu and convinced her to have the Animal Style burger; afterwards, she boasted to me in a text message that it was incredibly fresh and was the best burger she's ever had.

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,872 Posts
:thumbup: I prefer animal style fries, but to be honest I have yet to take someone to In N Out and have them complain. You really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
528 Posts
yesterday, she shot me a text message after she met my brother and nephew (her cousin) for lunch - they took her to In-N-Out Burger for her very first time there. Her cousin told her about the secret menu and convinced her to have the Animal Style burger; afterwards, she boasted to me in a text message that it was incredibly fresh and was the best burger she's ever had.
Why does everyone rave about In-N-Out burgers. They are not even that good. Give me Culvers or 5 Guys anyday....10 times better than that In-N-Out junk.

·
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had both 5 guys and In-N-Out. I like them both. the best part for me was when she texted me and told me she loved it Animal Style. I immediately knew what she meant, even buried in a double entendre.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,727 Posts
That's cause you're in Canada. They don't know how to cook burgers like americans do. ;) My local 5 guys restarants are orgasmic. Wait, that didn't come out right.

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
The ORIGINAL 5 Guys is about 5 minutes from my house. The 4th 5 Guys is walking distance. Dangerous.

I have had both. I have had multiples of both actually. Once I had a really bad experience with an In-N-Out on the UCLA campus in Westwood neighborhood of L.A., but for the most part, the rest of my INO experiences in Northern CA and Orange County/San Diego have been uniformly excellent. I recently renewed my fan club membership with a midnight snack from the Tempe store near Arizona State campus. I even have the In-N-Out locator app on my Logan's Run Apple iPhone 4S.

Five Guys rocks. I think only because I have more experience with 5Gs I would lean towards them on most occasions. But they don't have shakes. That sucks.

Anybody able to compare Elevation Burger? It seems to be a new kid on the block in the cradle neighborhoods for 5 Guys chain.

Keith

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That's cause you're in Canada. They don't know how to cook burgers like americans do. ;) My local 5 guys restarants are orgasmic. Wait, that didn't come out right.
Yeah you're right... we're too used to moose and seal burgers and because of the tundra, we can't raise cattle up here, so close to the arctic circle. ;)

·
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I didn't know any better.....that's not the statement I'd want to hear from my daughter.....:lol:
if it had been anybody else telling me that, I'd be the same way, James...

I'm at the point where I trust her, tho. she's a good kid, has a good head on her shoulders, and has a raunchy sense of humor and a pretty good idea when she can use it.

·
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ORIGINAL 5 Guys is about 5 minutes from my house. The 4th 5 Guys is walking distance. Dangerous.
I used to live in a condo right off King St next to I-395 in Alexandria (Jan 2004 to May 2005). I'm not sure which 5 Guys is closest to there (as to when it opened), but it was easily within walking distance on nice evenings.

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
I used to live in a condo right off King St next to I-395 in Alexandria (Jan 2004 to May 2005). I'm not sure which 5 Guys is closest to there (as to when it opened), but it was easily within walking distance on nice evenings.
That was their second store. The first store was at Columbia Pike and Glebe Road in Arlington. Their third was in Ballston/Clarendon (I think) and the fourth was in Old Town Alexandria. After that, I think they finished their franchise model and the whole landscape exploded with Five Guys. And then they went super regional and eventually most of CONUS.

·
Amuse Me For My Money
476 Posts
5 Guys .....LOL what a friggin joke !!

To all of you 5 Guys lovers I sure hope you love spending $12-13 for a burger fries & a drink! Good or not, F'them !!! They can keep it!
If I'm going to spend that, Ill go to a diner & be waited on, and get some nice steak fries to boot.

Ill say it again.....'F' Five Guys!!

...on all of my return trips out to LA to visit, 1st thing I do when I get off the plane, is head to In & Out.
and even in the day & age of rising prices, they are still reasonable!!!

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,322 Posts
the best part for me was when she texted me and told me she loved it Animal Style. I immediately knew what she meant, even buried in a double entendre.
Haha I can only imagine the look on your face getting that text, Jay.

I've never had In-N-Out, but I can vouch for 5 Guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
It sounds worse with the store name...

"Gee, Dad, I could really go for some in and out, animal style. You up for that?"

;)

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Funny, I spend no more than $8 on mine.

NYC. If In-N-Out were there too, they would probably be no bargain in comparison.
  1. Regular Cheeseburger $6.95
  2. Regular Fries $3.19
  3. Regular Drink $1.79
Expensive lunch... $11.93 before tax

In Alexandria the same vittles would be:
  1. Regular Cheeseburger $4.39
  2. Regular Fries $2.49
  3. Regular Drink $1.79 (free refills too!)
A more reasonable... $8.67 before tax

:icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yeah you're right... we're too used to moose and seal burgers and because of the tundra, we can't raise cattle up here, so close to the arctic circle. ;)
At least our cows are less mad than before, since we accepted to adapt to the Baby Harp Seal Burgers, and Flame Broiled Bullwinkles. Yup, after one of our fast food meals, you're lookin for the heavy duty toothpicks and a peppermint :eek:)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts