Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you car buffs. I have the opportunity to acquire some parts off of a wrecked 4motion passat and need to know what parts I'd need to grab in order to make my car a 4motion. Also would I need to swap the v6 or could I keep my 1.8t.

This is one of three big projects id like to finish this year.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Ok all you car buffs. I have the opportunity to acquire some parts off of a wrecked 4motion passat and need to know what parts I'd need to grab in order to make my car a 4motion. Also would I need to swap the v6 or could I keep my 1.8t.

This is one of three big projects id like to finish this year.

Nearly all of them. You'd have an easier time fixing the wreck using parts from your car.

What are the other two projects, building a space shuttle and ending world hunger?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nearly all of them. You'd have an easier time fixing the wreck using parts from your car.

What are the other two projects, building a space shuttle and ending world hunger?
Was talking to some of the guys at Blitzkrieg, and we kinda came up with the same thought of swaping out parts on my car to the wrecked car:banghead:

I already have a space shuttle and world hunger is next years project:poke:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Was talking to some of the guys at Blitzkrieg, and we kinda came up with the same thought of swaping out parts on my car to the wrecked car:banghead:

I already have a space shuttle and world hunger is next years project:poke:

Good choice. Not only is the rear suspension mounting different, I think they use a different fuel tank.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
so what makes you think the rear drive train is any good either if its not drivable?

better off selling both cars and getting a 4motion .....
The front right wheel is folded under the chasie. Damage is limited to this area of the car. Might just sell my car and get an Audi.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
The front right wheel is folded under the chasie. Damage is limited to this area of the car. Might just sell my car and get an Audi.

A front clip from any Passat should fix that, but I'd bet the tranny doesn't look so good. There's not that much give in the CVs. It's not sounding so good.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A front clip from any Passat should fix that, but I'd bet the tranny doesn't look so good. There's not that much give in the CVs. It's not sounding so good.
Thanks you may be right. I'm going to start looking for a used A6 or something. Again thanks for the help and comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts