Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to posting here but I've been reading along for a while. I tried searching a bit but I keep getting sidetracked with all these threads that are filled with things I've been planning on doing to my car. Anyway..I have a '98 Passat 1.8T (AEB) and

1) I want to upgrade the vacuum hoses to silicone hoses and I haven't been able to find the width of the replacement hoses in mm?

2) Does anyone have diagrams of where these hoses start/end?

3) What tools would installing these hoses require?

4) While I'm ordering these hoses, should I upgrade anything similar if I plan on doing the basic "chip/DV/vacuum hose" approach a lot of people seem to start out modding with?

I figured this post could be either Garage material or just B5 Discussion so I just posted it here either way. Any input would be greatly appreciated ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
3.5 mm is the size. I heard you should need 10 feet (get a couple of extra feet just to be sure). I purchased mine at www.stylinmotors.com. Do a search in the B5 garage for P0171 (which ws the CEL I got when mine needed replacing) and you sould find a thread with pics pointing to the 4 trouble hoses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I think I found the thread with the pictures but I was just making sure they were the same on my car.. which after a night of sleep I realized was a stupid thing to wonder in the first place (98-99 AEB having different hoses).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts