Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 5.5 with only 9k on it...

I have two noises that bother me because they are really subtle and happen with almost any imperfection in the road or slight bump...

Drivers door rattle...Seems to be coming from the top of the door panel and I can duplicate it by tapping on the upper left corner (if you are facing it) of the door handle surround plastic piece. Seems to be a slight tapping rattle that I can hear all the way back to the lock and alarm indicator on the door panel...it's fairly faint and doesnt always happen...seems to come and go with opening and closing of the door.

Back seat creak...The center console that folds down in the back makes a slight creak noise whenever I pull into uneven surfaces (like my driveway) and seems like the back plastic panel that is inside the seat might be loose...anyone know of a way of tightening? Thanks in advance for any help...was just wondering if these things were unique to my car or has anybody else experienced this. ??? :???:

I'd love to quiet these two down...

-cbx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
i've got an 04 and have that same loose plastic piece in the backside of the passenger seat. It make a subtle noise that bugs the heck out of me, especially when my car has 1400 kms on it.

I'm going to look at it now and i'll get back to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chewy said:
i've got an 04 and have that same loose plastic piece in the backside of the passenger seat. It make a subtle noise that bugs the heck out of me, especially when my car has 1400 kms on it.

I'm going to look at it now and i'll get back to you.
By passenger seat you mean the rear right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bleser said:
'03 GLS here and the only creak I have is from the dash defogging vents. Sorry I can't help you more.
No trouble...glad you responded. No rear seat noise at all eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
By passenger seat you mean the rear right?
nope not rear seat, sounds like it's from there but mine is actually the rear of the passenget seat. You know where that back pocket is..when you tap on that under the cloth is a loose sheet of plastic that vibrates. Doesn't sound like the same source of noise on yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chewy said:
By passenger seat you mean the rear right?
nope not rear seat, sounds like it's from there but mine is actually the rear of the passenget seat. You know where that back pocket is..when you tap on that under the cloth is a loose sheet of plastic that vibrates. Doesn't sound like the same source of noise on yours?
crap.


thanks for looking though, anyone else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmmm...if anyone knows a fix they should post it...drives me batty. Made an appointment today with the dealer to have it looked at...anyone know what the whole trim/rattle warranty is all about ....12k miles???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
no solution but i do empathize with you. mine's also an '03 5.5 with 9k. i have the rear center console noise. i also have this intermittent creaking noise coming from the center rear view mirror.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
huh....well if the dealer can solve it on monday I will ask what they do and try and post it for those who have it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
cbx said:
hmmmm...if anyone knows a fix they should post it...drives me batty. Made an appointment today with the dealer to have it looked at...anyone know what the whole trim/rattle warranty is all about ....12k miles???
I believe the 12K limit is to reduce the chances of the dealer spending loads of time investigating rattles only to find a coin or something in the dash. They will carry out investigations at your risk but if it is found to be a manufacturing defect they will fix it under warranty.
I have had rattle repairs after the 12K limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
huh...I hope I can have the same fortune...on the good side...I did another mod last night...wood strip kit from joshua tree! That makes three! Three! mods...ah ha ha ha !!!

1)sharan antenna
2) w8 console
3) wood kit

:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
I have a 2003 GLS with 17K miles and the only noises I get are from the damn dash board. I think it's from the vents, it drives me nuts.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top