Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2000 Passat. It came with a 6 CD Changer - the standard VW one.

The problem I am experiencing is that intermittently it will give me a CD Error Code. It will then try to go to the next CD. After it moves through all 6 CDs it will revert back to the radio.

This does not happen all the time. Sometimes it works just fine, other times it does not work at all.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as I am thinking about going back to the dealer and asking them to switch out the changer for another one.

WJR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Flip.

It is the strangest thing. It worked all afternoon when I had to run some errands outside of the office. Then, I got home tonight and put it through a stress test. I changed back and forth between the radio and CD, changed CDs, turned it off and on. No problems. Then I ejected the CD magazine with the radio on, but on a radio station, not on the CD, then reinserted it. All I got then was CD Errors. It would not play any of the CDs.

I talked to the dealer and he agreed to substitute the changer. He is also supposed to be replacing my rear windshield wiper blade and the cover to the arm on the rear windshield wiper.

I will post back once everything is replaced.

WJR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer replaced it. Apparently a wire was shorting out.

However, the unit he replaced it with only has one side to attach to the housing in the trunk, the other side is missing, therefore I put my name down today for a new OEM one in the classified forum.

WJR

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Was this a short in the changer wiring itself?

I have exactly the same problem.

Mine is a Panasonic (OEM brand) from Logjam Electronics.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
p.s.

If it is the changer at fault, I assume it's not worth repairing.

Hello PhatBox! :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. One of the wires in the changer had a visible problem. The one he replaced it with has worked just fine, however, I just do not like the fact that I cannot attach it at both places.

WJR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.