Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Michael, I'll help ya out (just did an install myself) but i need a couple of details first...

are you talking the headlight switch on the dash next to your steering wheel?

what kind of lights did you get? Xenons? Hella's?

Put the protectors on off the car, it will make wrapping easier.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the Hellas pop in the same way the stock ones pop out, 2 screws on top, one on the side (you'll need to remove your corners to get at that one...maybe that's what you're missing?)

On the inside switch...this is tricky, so don't worry about it...once you've done it once though, you'll wonder what was so darned hard about it :)

It's much easier to do if you understand what it is you're really doing..there's a tiny tab in there that you have to depress in order to pull the knob out. So, with the lights off, push in on the center of the knob (it should only go in a little bit, but it's definite). Once there, while holding in, turn the knob CLOCKWISE only slightly...once the knob is depressed, it's only got to remove enough of that tab to make it out from the housing. If you're turning it further than what's required to turn the lights on, that's too much. Then simply pull...you won't feel any definite click or release when removing the switch, and I think that's why i had so much trouble with it the first few times.

It's important once you've got the switch out of the housing to turn the lights back off before removing the plug...don't want to fry anything.

I have to ask, though...why are you taking it off? Did you get a Euroswitch, are you trying to disable the DRL's, what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.