Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently get about 470 miles max (mixed driving) from a full tank IMO this is quite poor especially when the the tanks is 55+litres, another dubber has got 570 miles and thats before the light came on,you can get another 50 miles from reserve (thats pushing it) so its fair to say thats very good mpg as the passats a heavier car n all that............ive heard that the pd engines are quite thirsty but what i dont realise is why the big difference, i would like to know what kind of mileage other members are getting especially from the Passat 130 or any other advice :D :wink:

·
Registered
606 Posts
what mpg does that equate to?

I only go by the computer reading, as I seldom fill the tank up, but the mpg from my PD130 estate isn't quite as high as I was hoping when i purchased it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have a 130bhp saloon,prior to this i had a 110bhp non pd, got better mpg from the 110bhp, same 5 speed on both, and i didnt really trust the on board com for mpg on either car, just brim fill and zero mileage is how i used to work it out, im thinking vw should maybe offer the non pd spec still, say on base models or the likes...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
latest figures are 165miles & the lights come on £20 diesel 21.76 litres. 70m miles of wich were spent on the motorway..CRAP OR WHAT???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sensible driving HONEST, what the effing ell is going on with this car its pissing me off i should be gettin 200 miles from £20 am i asking too much or what, what if i hadnt spent the 70 miles on the motorway it would have prob given me 150miles or less:banghead: :puke:

·
Registered
625 Posts
you may have a dodgy mass air meter,take it in for a look,may be worthwhile.
but,i run a 1.8t with tiptronic,around town i'm lucky to see an average of 25!!!
there again,i have more power than you!
give me 35/40 anyday. on a motorway @ 80/90ish i average about 31mpg.:(
good luck,i think thats what you get.more power=less mpg.
all the best
stu

·
Registered
155 Posts
This might sound daft but i was averaging 41mpg chipped tdi 110 pumped the tyres to the correct psi now averaging 49mpg! :crazy: I know tyre pressures help but i didn't think it made that much differance. Try it, it might work:thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the tyres size im running is 215/55x16 supposed to be 205/55...had the MAF chcked its fine the car pulls & pulls no problem, had it scanned through vagcom NO faults, i cant for the life of me think what could be wrong, what are other tdi 130 owners getting to £20:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
pachanga231 said:
well the tyres size im running is 215/55x16 supposed to be 205/55...had the MAF chcked its fine the car pulls & pulls no problem, had it scanned through vagcom NO faults, i cant for the life of me think what could be wrong, what are other tdi 130 owners getting to £20:rolleyes:
Try www.tdiclub.com and go into forums/tdi fuel economy.

Only other thing i think of hope it helps :beer:

·
Registered
22 Posts
fuel economy

in my tdi 130 i do twenty miles to work and the same (surprisingly)back.half way to or from i'm only doing 35mpg but by the time i'm nearly at work (or home) i'm doing between 45 and 50 mpg this gets lower in winter.so my deduction is, let the engine get well warm over a good distance and your economy will improve.lots of little cold trips won't look good on your computer.it's still got to be better than any comparable sized petrol engined car,plus your oil burner kicks arse too.whoops,sorry for the americanism,i'm ashamed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thats true, but dont forget your taking much longer to warm up than a petrol, unless you drive about 15 miles minimum, for every cold start, you would probally be getting better mpg in a petrol overall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
elton said:
Thats true, but dont forget your taking much longer to warm up than a petrol, unless you drive about 15 miles minimum, for every cold start, you would probally be getting better mpg in a petrol overall.
i would dispute that mate.previous to this beauty i had a honda accord 2.0 litre petrol.no matter what,holidays and high, days it guzzled the juice.i'm saving £100 a month,and guess which is quickest!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and the latest figures are..................140 miles and the light came on this is from a £20 fill up, i cant bleeding believe it, it gets lower everytime:banghead:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts