Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to change a broken microswitch on my drivers door, but ran into problem with unscrewing door lock bolts. Im pretty sure that Im using the right tool as i removed the first bolt easily, but the second one wont budge. Im scared that if i try again im gonna strip it completely and wont be able to remove it. Did anyone run into the same problem?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,188 Posts
They're commonly called "triple square" bolts; unless you've needed to take a VW door* apart before you're unlikely to have them (GRIN). I got my set at Sears; but you can also get them from AutoZone, Snap On, and others. ECS Tuning has a nice Schwaben set.

* (seriously, they're also used on head bolts and some brake calipers)

·
Registered
115 Posts
They're commonly called "triple square" bolts; unless you've needed to take a VW door* apart before you're unlikely to have them (GRIN). I got my set at Sears; but you can also get them from AutoZone, Snap On, and others. ECS Tuning has a nice Schwaben set.

* (seriously, they're also used on head bolts and some brake calipers)
and axles

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just completed this job last week. I picked up the triple square bit as part of a complete set of screwdriver bits from Lowe's, so if you don't have it yet that is another place to get one.

The bolts were very tight. I ended up using my vice grips on the handle of the screw driver to get leverage in order to free the bolts. They unscrewed easily once they were turned from their initial position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.