Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im new on here so please bear with me. so here goes, i have a se 130bhp 2002 passat which is giving trouble with the brakes so ive replaced pads discs calipers and servo and master cylinder but still have push back on brake pedal and rubbing on right drivers side front wheel. replaced abs sensor on this wheel but still have esp and abs warning lights on. so was wondering would anyone know why pedal is pushing back and lights still on? :mad: its doing my head in and costing a fortune.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Push back?

Can you describe? While you were bleeding brakes after servicing them, were you able to depress pedal all the way to floor at first until they firmed up? Sometimes there is a plastic extension of the knee bolster that drops into the path of the brake pedal lever, effectively keeping pedal from fully returning to starting position and thus allowing vacuum leak into booster.

:wrench:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kieth push back is when the pedal resists and its feels like its shuddering. (best description) im not a mechanic. i just drive and pay it was put on the vagcom and it read abs sensor drivers wheel and brake switch... thats all i got.Would you know if the vacumn works the brakes and the power boost as i have occasional loss of power.
thanks again.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Do you still get a fault code for the FL wheel speed sensor ?
The brake switch fault is probably just a VCDS glitch; after switching the ign on, press the brake pedal once before scanning.
If you disconnect the large plug from the ABS, does the pedal still shudder ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts