Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passanger side window fell inside the door I looked inside and can see that some white plastic piece has broke in the door. The inner door panel (the metal one) is rivited on. What or where would I get this fixed on the weekend???
Please help me

OppJonez

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
OppJonez said:
I will call them tomarrow but so far my dealer has not cared about anything or said anything ever wrong with my car was a recall. But thanks I will give it a try.
i looked it up and never found anything about a recall but they said they would "goodwill it" for me when they said it was a soft recall....the entire metal thing had to be replaced...100+ each but i hope you dont have to pay for it. bad enough i had to re tint my windows from the fall.....good luck

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just called Dwight Harrison VW and they said this "soft recall" only applies to jetta, Golfs and Beatles and ONLY for the front windows. My rear window broke 2 days ago with the same symptoms as above. Can we get some pics if anyone has any? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
When do these things break? Is it when the window goes down or up? I gotta say, the rear left window on my wagon goes down with a bit too much authority and I do have concerns about it. Now, I don't even fully retract that window. :weirdo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.