Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might need spacers for that setup to work... but how much? The stock "sport pkg" BBS Madras rims (17x7.5) are 45mm offset - does that mean I need a 10mm spacer?

Anybody done it? I'd love to see pics on a B5/B5.5... on a Pacific Blue Variant might be much to ask, but that'd be cool...!

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
do a search on bbs rgr... not being a d*ck but only saying that b/c i don't recall myself but i do remember seeing other members having used these wheels.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Don't hold me to this But I am almost certain they can't. I recall Blownaway attempting to put 18" on his 1.8T and they didnt clear due to his BBK.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
what?..of course they fit..i am 120% sure..as long as your bolt pattern is 5 x 112m.
yes they are unbelievably light, strong (forged), and great lookign wheels...
35mm just means they will stick further out (than a 45mm)...
you will be fine.
trust me.(unless you are dropped like 5 inches..) but even then...it may take a lot to make these rub..if at all.

edit adding a 10 mm spacer will decrease offset (pushing wheel FURTHER away..)..believe it or not 35mm offset + 10 mm spacer DOES NOT equal 45mm offset..it equals 25mm offset

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
well i stand corrected..i totally overlooked the fact of the brakes..DOH.
But I disagree that the rs-gt's and rgr's were meants for "japanese" applications...
i have seen countless of m5's and other euro vehicles with these..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For my own edumacation... a spacer wouldn't necessarily help anything as far as clearing the calipers is concerned, just prevent rubbing on the fender wells and such in the twisties?

I saw Blownaway's threads, and I think it ended up that he kept a set of the RGRs, with spacers, but... I'm not sure. It wasn't clear. He was also running a Stoptech BBK, IIRC...

Ah well - I'm having second thoughts anyway... Not sure if the black finish would look too hawt on a Pacific Blue W8 Variant, with the chrome accents (rub strips, roof rails, etc.). On a black car... sexxxy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts