Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing MB Quarts reference series component speakers from a buddy. It includes 2 highs. 2 mids and 2 lows speakers w/ the cross overs. My question is, will I be okay running the highs and mids in my front doors, and the lows in my back doors. I do plan on adding a moderate sub in my trunk, so will I be putting too much low in my car? Or would it be better to get a pair of mids for the rear doors?

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
DO NOT put the midbasses in the rear. That set was designed to be mounted together. You wouldn't put the mid in the rear with the tweeter in the front with a 2-way comp set would you? Don't worry about the midbasses and the sub causing too much bass, the crossover will take care of that.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another question- Do aftermarket speakers need to be flush with the door panel speaker grilles? The MB QUART fit perfect in the location, but do I need to space them out as much as stock speakers are?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing