Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I attempted to start my car it appeared as the battery was dead since I was getting no lights, nor crank. Upon checking the battery it appeared as the negative connection on the battery was loose. I tighten up the negative connection on the battery and my car did start up, but now once I hit the gas, the engine feels like its going to stall. It idles OK, but if I hit the gas, the engine stutters a few times, and then it goes back to normal idle. I dont have any cel lights or any other warning lights. It doesnt sound like a coil pack issue since when in idle the engine doesnt sound like its misfiring.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ditto that ^^

i replaced my battery last year and had intermittent stalling for a few days (exactly like what you described). once the car "re-learned" whatever it had forgotten (idle-air mixture or whatever) she was good as new! weird?

Edit - here's a link to my post on topic when i had the problem (the good stuff dealing with the battery change is in the last few posts):

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52952&highlight=

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the help :thumbup: Later today I will give it a shot

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was having some similar issues, but I hadn't unhooked the battery, I cleaned out the TB really well since it was full of gunk, and then redid the Tb adapation via the vag-com and it's running as smooth as it ever has now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad to report my car is running perfectly now. After reading about some of the AEB engine guys running into more problems after the timing belt replacement, I guess I just got paranoid. I just had my timing belt done a week ago (no more whistle sounds :D )

thanks again :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Lduque
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing