Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello VW friends!

I have recently purchased a VW Passat B6 2008 2.0 TDI (high miler lol).

Its been a week now and suddenly I get the urge to put my driver seat (RHD) back into recliner mode ( pressing the electric switch on the side ) when I was on my break at work, and it wont go back up! It wound all the way back into recline, but not upright - where I am able to drive in a safe fashion. The heated element of the seat seem to work fine.

I have had the fuses in the side panel of dashboard and the fuse box in the engine bay checked, and they seemed to be fine ? Any Help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
there are up to five fuse panels and two relay panels , commonly however just three fuse panels (police cars, taxis have the five . there is as you mention the fuse panel and relays next to battery, there is also an additional relay panel to left of drivers left knee (accessory storage/ glove box) flip down/open then pry plastic stop out of way, it will flip open and down to reveal panel, the bottom left relay is main power to Engine sensors and electric, car will not run if this relay fails, believe it is 80 amp and contacts get pitted, mirror image to far bottom right is accessory load reduction relay (same number) same pitting there also, ,replace and eliminate from the equation......I think it is a #449 that is the fuel pump relay, ... then the fuse panel when you open drivers door at left end of dash ,just like on the B5s AND one on passengers side (mirror image) Is it (the seat) the only thing not working electrically? how about the power outlets (ashtray cigarette lighter)? I for the life of me cannot remember where I saw wiring diagram, have them on my tablet which cannot use until I fix it"s battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey! Firstly, thank you for taking your time to reply my post.

All the other electric functions of the car are working perfectly fine ( Door locks windows cigarette lighter radio), oh the car starts and drives as normal. The front two leather seats are heated and they both work as normal ( even though my driver one is stuck in recline ). It just the recline switch. I believe the motor is fine as it got the seat all the way back into this position.

I didnt know there were all these extra fuses - so thanks for pointing that out. I will do abit more research and ensure I havnt missed those fuses also.

I have narrowed it down it down to 3 things I guess.
  • Hidden fuse.
  • Control module under seats
  • The switch on the side of the seat itself may need replacing.
Current driving conditions are 120" degree reclined seat + cushion :D Whooop

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
couple things ,if passenger side works good chance it is the switch/connection/module related,doubt if VW would have separate fuses.....well maybe on second thought, HA!, As to relays in that left cubbie hole, I carry an extra new one ,they rarely go totally bad, just start being intermittent with engine randomly just completely dying or accessories like fans on and off randomly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts