Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my key, and I have an extra remote (transponder) for my girlfriends car (Jetta), so all I need is another key cut....I believe that the FCC's are the same for the transponder. What is the process to reprogram? Last time I did it, it was something like a key in the door and one in the ignition (on ACC) and then holding down a button?

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
272 Posts
hey, heres whatya doo.

take the Master key, yannow the first one the car is programmed with..
put it in the ignition, turn On, but no starty. shut drivers door, roll down da window.

put a second key in the door, such as your new one or the valet key if your new remote hasnt been kut to the car. turn that key to the lock position, and while doing that, press the lock button on the remote, wait 2 seconds, then press unlock. this should of pregrammed a new remote to your car, which can have 4 total remotes. take out key from ignition.
close doors and lock with newly programmed remote thingy.

you may have to do it twice if necessary.

Have Fun!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
ohh, by the way. you can program the same remote for as many cars as you like.
just dont stick the key in the ignition of another car. you may end up disabling the starter for awhile :wink:

·
Registered
104 Posts
98 Remote Entry

I have a 98 Passat which has the old style of keyless entry (two-part) and I was wondering if I could buy a remote from someone off of eBay and use the same technique to reprogram it to my car. Does that make since?
Thanks,
Gavin

·
Registered
272 Posts
uhm, in reply to the post up there ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
what you do is pull apart the remote to
expose the FCC numbers. look those up
in ebay and compare. i dont remember if the remote
is exactly like the 2000-2001, but before 2001.5
body style change. the programming procedure Should
be the same :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.