Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

i have a few questions regarding leasing. i leased a new passat back about four months ago and i love it. i got a great deal and i'm very satisfied with the car. i'm wondering what goes on at the end of the lease as far as when i turn it back in? i'm worried that they are going to charge me through the roof with things like excess wear and tear. i take *very* good care of the car and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever. i guess i'm just wondering if anyone has any experiences with lease-end and turning the car back in. what kind of things did they let go? what kind of things did they charge you for? when we bought the car the finance guy mentioned that they have no set criteria and kind of got me scared, saying one guy could charge me for what someone else wouldn't. he was trying to sell us a protection plan, so perhaps that is why. anyway, please help!

thank you,
nick

·
Registered
152 Posts
I leased my chevy truck from gmac and they sent me an end of lease packet that had all the information on how the lease would end and what my options were. In this packet was also a card with explinations of what was acceptable damage to the truck. The card had different size cutouts so you could put the card over the damage and look through the cutout. If the damage fit in the cutout than there was no problem, if the damage was bigger...you might want to think about getting it fixed before the lease ends.

I found that the cutouts were actualy pretty big! One of the cutouts was for dents...it was the size of a softball! The cutout for seat and carpet damage was about 2 inches in diameter. That would be a big azz hole in the seat dont you think! I guess I am saying that if VW uses standards that are anywhere close to GM's you dont have anything to worry about. I figured that if anything was bigger than those cutouts it would have been major enough that insurance would have got involved and the problem would be fixed anyway.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
When the lease was up on my 99 (VW Credit), the inspector came by, started the car, noted the mileage, saw the crease in the drivers door "normal wear and tear...", took a few pics, printed a report, and left. Our first VW lease I bought out, so that was easy enough.
Our GMAC lease was left one night at the dealer. No paperwork, no questions asked.

Just keep it clean and maintained.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, TDIBUGMAN. so if there are like some normal scratches on the outside or something like that, they're not going to go crazy about that sort of thing? i baby the car and take really good care of it, i guess i'm just afraid if i get one scratch on the car that i'm going to get charged through the roof for it.

and XedoS, as for what i pay for the lease...my monthly payments are 216 with taxes. my total out of pocket was about 3k, that included the taxes and all of that, so i think the down payment ended up being around 1000.

anyone else have experience with leasing and lease-end stuff?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.