Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car at the shop. 2003 v6 w/ g2. got this code.
16534 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
P0150 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
car feels sluggish. fumes stink. no smoke. no power. sounds like mis fire. check coils.

i dont think bad o2 sensor would cause misfire. what do you make of this?

Please advise.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
When was last time you changed plugs? What kind of plugs are they?

A bad 02 sensor could cause a misfire, since the ecu will most likely default to a rich fuel map so you don't run lean. this in turn could foul a plug causing it to misfire. Either way I would replace the 02 sensor and plugs and see if you still get the misfire.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree replace the sensor, it can cause a misfire.
On your car there are 4 sensors. 2 before the cats and 2 after, the 2 before affect fuel/air mix the 2 after are only there for emmissions readings. your error is coming from the precat sensor on cylinder bank 2 therefore could cause a misfire. Easy decision replace it!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
ycharlies - do you belong to scaudi.com (fka superchargedaudi.com)?
I poked around there alot when I had my V6 and was considering the G2.
Visiting there enough convinced me to not get one (and talking to local installers, too). Got a W8 instead, and spent the difference between the G2 and my down payment on a 60/60,000 extended warranty
There was alot of good info and a good number of people with experiance with all sorts of troubles and other modification issues.
Stewart (aka 30valvejunkie on scaudi)

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bad sensor would alter the fuel trim, but i doubt it'll cause it to misfire as such. the shop is checking the plugs now to see if they were fouled. we were about to find a loose vac hose but that didnt cure it. i suspect something caused the fouled plug(s) and sensor.

i am on scaudi.com as well and the g2 has been running solid, just as my car. until i got into an accident and that's y it's in the shop...

thanks for your input guys.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think so. acident was fnt body damage, radiator support and new headlights. car deove fine otherwise. 4 weeks later after dropping off we test drive for the first time and it was crap. found loose vac hose as stated above. inspected wires and coil packs and all seemed ok. now they r inspecting the rest. sigh; i miss my car.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shop checked coilpacks and replaced the plugs. old plugs not so bad, a little wet. car still rough. will replace sensor and see if that does the trick. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
An accident can cause the MAF to go bad. You might want to test it. The dealer I bought mine from said they replace them often after front end collisions.

I would also double check the wiring plugs on the firewall. Depending on the accident, some of the wires may have been pinched.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i checked those plugs. you are talking about the ones right under the coolant resevoir? i hope the maf isnt it... anyway i can check that w/ vagcom?

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also, if someone has the exact part # for the sensor that would be awesome. my online access is slow from my phone.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$218 from dealership... for the sensor... that's farfetched from the $28 ecs sensor i've been reading about. i need a nap.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update: the shop replaced the 02 sensor and it didnt make a diff. he said he checked the new plugs and it looks like cyl 6 is not firing. pending to check coil pack... my indy said to check the ignition cables first as coil packs are not known to go bad.
that is all for now.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Try the old swap the plug wires and see what happens?
I know on scaudi someone had a cracked coil pack that shorted to the bracket and welded itself on.
Maybe try swapping coil pack(s) around too?

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he just did and that didnt help it. he's checking the injectors now. dont think he's checked the ignition cables yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts