Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy,

Four days ago my 98 passat was parked in a El Torrito parking lot, and when i came back to my car it had over 2 gallons of water on the drivers side interior floor that was about 3 inches high off of the carpet.....= \. After i scooped out most of the water i tried to start my car and it woudnt start. I tried push starting it(5 speed), and jumping it and nothing. So i had it towed home where i realized that the water probably leaked in through the hood, came in through my firewall and possibly wet up my fuses(sprinklers went on when i was dining). Two nights ago my alarm horn(horn in the back) went off with a constant full tone, and i could not get it to turn off. While the horn was sounding i tried to start the car and VUALA it started but the horn stayed on. So i had to turn of my car and disconnect the battery to stop the horn( it was 300 AM). the next morning i reconnected the battery and the car hasnt been able to start since then....= \. If is helps certain electrical components dont work such as my power windows, keyless entry/alarm and my trunk will not close/lock. My sunroof also likes to go crazy and tilt open and close for absolutely no reason. Does anyone know what could cause this? Did my ECU Burn out? P.S i checked all my fuses, and my relays look fine. Any input would be helpfull

Thanks in Advance,
Bashar

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
The first place I would suspect would be the CCM. BUT, there could be multiple problems. Getting wet is a big deal.

Good luck to you.

Kenny

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW you guys are fast, thanks for the help ill check that out; and I have liability insurance...I can't refuse 70 bucks a month when I am 18 with 2 points on my record.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The CCM is just in front of the driver's seat. It's in a palstic box held down by one nut. You can get it out without taking out the seat. The CCM controls the locks & alarm and some other stuff. I would bet that either the CCM itself or the wiring to it is at fault. I can hook you up with a CCM if yours is the problem. The CCM and wiring has been a problem on the b5's... Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

Also... I would suggest taking the carpet fully out for it to dry all the way - the backing will trap water under there that will take forever to dry. Otherwise, you may be fighting mildew in the future. The drain under your battery is prob. clogged up and that's what backed the water up into the cabin. I've seen it happen before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
soundguybob
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing