Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so either I'm stupid or just not with it today. I got my replacement bulb from Schmove (thanks!!) and went to put it in. I've got Hella HID's and I'm replacing the low beam. I took the rubber boot off, took the electrical connector off. Now how do I get the damn bulb out. Maybe I'm just cautious, acutally I know that I am. Help please.

Also, anyone know what the metal "switch" is that is under the back side of the light. It seems to have two positions that you can put it to? kinda weird?

Thanks for any help!!

-kristofer

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I got it out and put the new one in. piece of cake....however the bulb didn't turn on. So I took out my meter and sure enough there is no juice going to the bulb when the lights are turned on. Anyone have any ideas?? dead balast? Igniter? etc....

Man this sucks :cry:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Staffan, that's exactly what it was. It took me a little time of playing w/ it while the light was on to figure it out. Although I must admit that it didn't make a huge difference in the light spectrum.

Thanks,
Kristofer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.