Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Did a search but didnt find anything (porbs as im useless)

My passat is a 2003 ALT engine code 1.8 20v and lately ive had a huge lack of power and throttle response, also can hear what sounds like a vaccum leak coming from under the engine Cover.

Upon inspection I found what I think is the idle stabiliser or some form of gadget on top of the rocker cover with air pipes/vacuum lines connecting to it. This is broken at the bulk head end and blocked off!

is this an expensive part what is it?

Anyone had the same problem?

Solutions and parts to replace....

Will get a picture up in a hour or two of part im talking about!

Thanks any help much much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what part you are talking about, but a photo (or part number from the part) will certainly help out in narrowing things down. We do have a selection of replacement breather components available that can be found here on the website for the 1.8T:

OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

A photo or part number will certainly help out more though, so I'll keep an eye out for that to get posted and see if it is anything I may be able to help solve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jon thanks for the info however...

The car ios a NA 1.8 20v and please see attached the pics of it:

·
Registered
27,425 Posts
Replied to your other post. Keep it to one thread on the subject to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I can't say I know what that part is, however it looks like some part of the breather system and the part number is still on there (bottom photo). If you can get the part number off of it, we should be able to bring it up in the system and determine exactly what it is a little better.

The part number should be a series of (3) digits (ex. 151 125 145) and there may be some sort of suffix on the end, maybe a single letter, or a letter and a number.

I can't say for sure from looking at the photo, but it looks to start with 068 or 088 followed by 108.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts