Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a problem with my climatronic A/C. I drove my car for an hour today with the A/C on. I Parked it (and turned the A/C off) and came back after 4 hours and the A/C wasn't working anymore, right after I started the car and turned on the A/C. The outside temperature on the climatronic screen read "--C". Does anyone know what could be wrong? What can I do to check what could be wrong before I bring it to the stealership? At a traffic light I quickly restarted the car but nothing changed.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If you leave it off for a few minutes it should reset itself. I seem to have this problem every few months too... I don't know what the cause is, seems to be just another passat gremlin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you're right. This morning and the whole day today everything A-OK! :wink: Weird.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I don't know what the cause is... it happened to me last summer on the way home from school, really annoying, as it was about 108 degrees out :roll:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is acting up as well and I live in Sunny Singapore. It seems to be related to the outside temp sensor. When I am moving, it's okay. it is only when I am stuck in a Traffic Jam thats when it starts to act up. Please check if you are having this as well. When the next time u restart the car after it goes cranky, the climatic control goes into a diagnose mode ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
tomcat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing