Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car does not start, scanner gives code P2294
Fuel pressure regulator 2 control circuit/open.
I do not location of pressure regulator and do not have wiring diagram.
Open to suggestions to where to start.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
what year and engine code? But.if a 2006,2007,2008.5 with the BPY FSI engine code, they had problems with their HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump)cam driven, cam puck itself wears thru developing a small hole, not expensive to replace,35 bucks from ECS Tuning.....and repair level 2-3 in regards to mechanical ability

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what year and engine code? But.if a 2006,2007,2008.5 with the BPY FSI engine code, they had problems with their HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump)cam driven, cam puck itself wears thru developing a small hole, not expensive to replace,35 bucks from ECS Tuning.....and repair level 2-3 in regards to mechanical ability
2007 BPY FSI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
thanks,check the HPFP for component integrity.......this is a good place to start as they ???? maybe had a recall concerning this......if it is it, and no cam damage easy fix, you can go to; jimellisvwparts.com put in your info, hit the "full view" and it will show you what you are dealing with, there is a bleeder valve to relieve pressure as in illustration

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks,check the HPFP for component integrity.......this is a good place to start as they ???? maybe had a recall concerning this......if it is it, and no cam damage easy fix, you can go to; jimellisvwparts.com put in your info, hit the "full view" and it will show you what you are dealing with, there is a bleeder valve to relieve pressure as in illustration
After replacing timing belt and water pump, engine was working very good for about 130 miles that is when it began to stall, I was able to get home. I connected my scanner and I got a code that indicated that the camshaft position sensor was defective.
I opened the timing cover and found out that the top roller bolt had broken loose. Repositioned the roller with a new bolt. After that the engine did not start, battery was weak, with a jumper it tried to start, i was able to get code P2944 twice. It shows fuel pressure regulator 2 control circuit/open.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
the high and low pressure sensors are on fuel rail, check first for connections and any possible compromised wires maybe accidentally damaged when working on water pump timing belt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the high and low pressure sensors are on fuel rail, check first for connections and any possible compromised wires maybe accidentally damaged when working on water pump timing belt
Good morning, after replacing high pressure fuel sensor I am still getting code P2294 “fuel pressure regulator 2 control circuit open. I wonder if you have circuit for it and pin outs?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
sorry sure don't, did you check both sensors ? , will nose around tonight,not saying I will find anything but at least try

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry sure don't, did you check both sensors ? , will nose around tonight,not saying I will find anything but at least try
Car was not starting, after I replaced the high pressure sensor it started, it hesitates after starting as is flooded, after a couple of minutes stabilizes but acceleration is very slow. When it reaches 40 mph+ runs ok until stooping acceleration slow response repeats over.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
you're sure about timing I assume, possible vacuum leak, and possible harness assuming thats why you asked about the pin outs......and you have ruled out the regulator itself?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you're sure about timing I assume, possible vacuum leak, and possible harness assuming thats why you asked about the pin outs......and you have ruled out the regulator itself?
Yes I ruled out the regulator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts