Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
352 Posts
ecb5 said:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/ecb5/48de1ab8.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/ecb5/77568194.jpg

what can i do to my car to personalize it a bit?
I know i should drop it + new wheels...what else?
Is it even worth it with 65k miles? It's getting old!

TIA
If you want to "tastefully mod" your car, a lot of people here will pitch in with great ideas. As for pimping it, give Xhibit a holla. And by the way, you have one of those unique colors that would be good for pimping.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nude said:
If you want to "tastefully mod" your car, a lot of people here will pitch in with great ideas. As for pimping it, give Xhibit a holla. And by the way, you have one of those unique colors that would be good for pimping.
Well i am french speaking and thought pimp was the same thing as to mod a car...

I just want to personalize it...
thanks

·
Rollin in the LAV
1,760 Posts
Since when is a 65k mile car old? :poke: :D That V6 will easily last another 100k miles with proper maintenance. As for mods, I'd get a new suspension first, then wheels. You can get a stubby antenna for ~$15, eyelids, M3 lip spoiler, badgeless grill, HID kit, etc. Check out the Classifieds and the Marketplace forums.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow, My B5 has 115k miles on it and is still running very strong. I should see at least 200k miles. Replacing minor things but dont date your (passat)

As Arthrogrian19 said, browse the Marketplace for good used parts from good people.

Try:
Springs/Coilovers
Rims/Tires
Exhaust
Projector Headlights/HID's
Badgeless Grill
Eyelids
Lip Spoiler
Votex Body kit

Thats a few thousand right there, that should keep you occupied for a bit. Then engine performance Parts. Alot of the parts I mentioned are USDM and available in the States but I'm sure you can get them shipped to Canada. The list can go on forever my friend. My list fills two pages and I'm not done.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
^^Hold up there Doc, your list fills two pages and you've only been on the forum for two months? I think I'm gonna have to see some pics. :D

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
best cheap mod: debadging (FREE!)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B5Greg said:
OLD? Your car is OLD? I got 188k miles on my 99! Keep that V6 maintained and run miles like me :)
Sometimes i get scared to read about so many problems in this forum that i believe it is going to die on me soon... but you are right...

·
Registered
108 Posts
*unpimp your auto*:lol:

at 65k you may want to think about doing your timing belt and all the stuff you should do while you're at it (search for it). You just take care of that, and 65k miles won't mean shit. It usually runs about $1000, but man, felt sooooooo good to know it was taken care of and behind me.

after that its happy modding. i suggest suspension first.

bon chance

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Wheels and suspensions would be my first choice, plus tinted windows :thumbup:. Par contre, l'idee des feux anti brouillard jaunes sur une voiture de cette couleur ne serait pas la meilleure idee je pense, ca depend des gens :D . Bonne continuation :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
bleh if i could win a few grand i can finish the pimping on my passat :(

APR chip, exhaust, intake, drop, and tint the tail lights :)

dam if only money grew on trees

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
check out the member sections as well as "The Showroom" for good ideas.
almost every color has a "______ only post HERE" type thread, you should be able to find one for mojave beige in there. it is a more rare color so you may have to actually search.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
ecb5 said:

what can i do to my car to personalize it a bit?
I know i should drop it + new wheels...what else?
Is it even worth it with 65k miles? It's getting old!

TIA
You car is crap, sell it for a Solstice for this summer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RAH said:
Wheels and suspensions would be my first choice, plus tinted windows :thumbup:. Par contre, l'idee des feux anti brouillard jaunes sur une voiture de cette couleur ne serait pas la meilleure idee je pense, ca depend des gens :D . Bonne continuation :thumbup:
Pas de feux anti-brouillard jaunes pour moi...merci
Par contre ton français est très bien...

Man, the windows are already tinted

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tom Parish said:
Badgeless front grill?

Since you are "french" how about yellow fog lights?
i am not french i am hispanic... learn french here in quebec...

badgeless grill is the Next move... maybe after the sharkfin antena!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Christian P said:
You car is crap, sell it for a Solstice for this summer.

Crap? What you don't like the color?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts