Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the HP gain, what reasons can I convince my wife to let me chip her A4? She only uses it to get to and from work, and traveling to see her parents, a 400 mile drive.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
if you don't chip it's gonna void the waranty. i don't know...lol whatever it takes. :lol: it's good for bonding with the car. anything.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
GMcHale is right about mpg, you can also tell that engine is becoming more elastic (better torque). So, if it is manual she will have much less to shift.If it is auto it will stop to make annoying gear shifts by itself. Tell her also that US made chip is much better to work with US fuel than German chip that is spec for Eu gasoline. And if you opt for APR, than you can tell her that car is "not possible" to steal even if she handover keyes to thieves.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
It's a patriotic thing to do since you're adding some U.S. content to the otherwise all German car. The mpg improvement is also very real like stated above.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't tell her and just chip it. She probably won't know the difference except for the car won't be driveable for 2-3 days.

Gas mileage does increase by the way, unless you like the newfound power and keep the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20vvillian said:
Tell her its, all the rage and you read that in "cosmo". :lol:
I think this reason is the most apt to work. Thanks guys, I think I'm going to get it done without telling her.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
drive around with her in the car couple times and make the car jerk a little bit every once in a while ( using the gas pedal without let her notice it) . tell her the chip is about to die , from VW the chip will cost around $1000.00 but you heard about this company GIAC or APR that sells a aftermarket chip for a lot less the VW.
:D :D

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:
drive around with her in the car couple times and make the car jerk a little bit every once in a while ( using the gas pedal without let her notice it) . tell her the chip is about to die , from VW the chip will cost around $1000.00 but you heard about this company GIAC or APR that sells a aftermarket chip for a lot less the VW.
that sounds like the winner to me :lol:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey

Umm, lets see. Chip upgrade, well I can think of a few reasons to upgrade other then just HP gain. The Upgrade will give her better throttle response which can be good when having to hit the gas for some reason.(passing). Second it doesnt hurt the car, infact she might even like it. Third, it gives you way better pull throught out the whole RPM range!!!

Having better throttle response, well you never know when you need to hit the gas and get out of trouble!!!

Ricahrd (California)

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Hey

Umm, lets see. Chip upgrade, well I can think of a few reasons to upgrade other then just HP gain. The Upgrade will give her better throttle response which can be good when having to hit the gas for some reason.(passing). Second it doesnt hurt the car, infact she might even like it. Third, it gives you way better pull throught out the whole RPM range!!!

Having better throttle response, well you never know when you need to hit the gas and get out of trouble!!!

Ricahrd (California)

If tell my girfriend that a chip in my car will give me more throttle response.
She will say :

-The CHIP will give you what? what you need that for ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tell her the government installed some tracking software in the original chip and you don't want the government tracking her because you :heart: her so much...

or

Drink some Wild turkey, put on your sexy underwear (you know, the clean boxers) and do it to her proper....she really won't care what you do for at least 2 weeks :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theosan said:
Tell her the government installed some tracking software in the original chip and you don't want the government tracking her because you :heart: her so much...

or

Drink some Wild turkey, put on your sexy underwear (you know, the clean boxers) and do it to her proper....she really won't care what you do for at least 2 weeks :D
Wow, the second of the two worked!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
1.8tbeout said:
1.8Tabamoura said:
that sounds like the winner to me :lol:
LMAO :lol: Or you can wait untill she goes out of town for a couple of days and she wont even notice. This works for suspension installs as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
She can't refuse a gift: is her birthday coming up? Too bad you missed Valentine's Day. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I lucked out... I found that if you talk about it enough, they finally say.." Do whatever you want....Just le me know how much the bill is so I don't get suprised by the Credit card statement."... The "Better Gas Mileage" thing falls short once you do the math.... Plus, you have to run 91 Octane (or more) for the rest of your life! :nervous:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flipsauce said:
She can't refuse a gift: is her birthday coming up? Too bad you missed Valentine's Day. :p
Actually I got a neuspeed chipped ECU off ebay for her Valentine's Day present. It set the CEL off, different part number, but was supposed to work. Sold it, and bought an APR chipped ECU. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts