Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here is the situation. I am currently looking to purchase some 17" rims for my 03 passat. What im attempting to do is get a tire/rim combo off of ebay, or somewhere else on the net. I have a few items that i am considering, but one thing i dont know is how the comfort of my ride will be effected by my new purchase. Im looking at options of 17x8 rims with Pirelli PZero Assimetrico: 205/50/17. 17x7 with sumitomo htr 45z 225/45/17. as well as a few others here and there. Since i am new to all this, i am curious as to what sizes of tires do i need to look for to keep some comfort, without being super low profile, as well as do i look for high performance tires, all terrain, etc. of course i would like good gripping and low road noise, and a comfortable ride, but i dont know what would be my best way to go size wise for 17 inch wheels. Any help would be appreciated. I also i have to keep in mind im on a budget

Secondly is 35 offset what i need to be looking for? 03 v6 passat.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wider, stickier tires will reduce MPG and increase handling and such. I recommend to performance/touring tires (like a compromise between the two), with stiff sidewalls for added cornering.

You also may want to lower it. Just springs.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wider, stickier tires will reduce MPG and increase handling and such. I recommend to performance/touring tires (like a compromise between the two), with stiff sidewalls for added cornering.

You also may want to lower it. Just springs.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
225/45/17 or 235/45/17 with a 17X8 will work fine. Offset should be ~35 and 5x112 bolt pattern. If they are aftermarket (excluding some BBS and replicas) make sure you get hubcentric rings and tapered lug bolts.

HTH,
Lelo

My 2003 GLS 1.8T with 17X8 BBS VZ's and 235/45/17 Dunlop SP9090s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.