Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my B5 for a few months now and I love the car to death!!! but there is this damn squeak coming from the rear that makes me want to get rid of it :mad: !! It only happens sometimes going over bumps- It sounds like leather rubbing together or the body is flexing..... I believe its coming from the rear shelf... Maybe its the cold weather?!?!?!?! Has anyone had this problem??? *Also about how much would a front wheel bearing (hub) cost??? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I believe that anything that makes a squak or pop is because of this f'ing cold ass winter-again, this f'ing cold...why...well at least until summer tells me otherwise. :sad:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
yep i did have the problem on my 01, it came from the rear driver side shock. It happened under colder/wet conditions usually, and for a day or 2 past that when it gets dry. I took it to the dealership and of course, it did not do it when i got there!. i took it back another time and same. So i was ready to live with it then i never heard it again :lol: . But one of the mechanics that i know told me it was from the housing in the area of the shock...That is all i know...later...RAH... :b5: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
get used to it. Squeeks, rattles, and a few noises are quirks found in most VW's. In 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the cases it is harmless. Like I said, get used to it. If it really drives you to get rid of it... well, they you didn't really "love" it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If it lasts past winter have the rings checked around the struts, or springs(not suree which one has it). I had a rubber ring that went between the strut, and body of the car that wasn't put on flush, and every time i went over a bump, or preasure was applied to the area I would get a creaking noise! :mad: Hope this might help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts