Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man oh man. i fucked up!!!!!!! just got my 18s AT ITALIA in today,, and taking my old rims off i stripped my wheel locks :mad: .. its only striped about a quarter inch. please help. talked to a tire shop and they told me they would take it off for $10 a wheel but if they have to use hammer and chisel it would be $55 an hour. please help.

oh. i cant even start my car cuz my ecu is over at neuspeed getting chipped :D so at the worst case i will get my ecu back tomorrow. please help!

·
Registered
923 Posts
same thing kidna happened to me my dog at mine and went to a junk yard down the street and found a passat witha lstart adn got the guy to beat it in adn used air gun to get it off needless to say i replaced all the locks

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Most of the time you can take a socket and bang it over top of the lock with a hammer and then use the rachet and take it off. That easy
How do you think thieves do it so fast? Thats how

·
Banned
708 Posts
i striped 2 of mine the guy used a torch to get one off cause he couldnt get it off any other way now i have regular bolts, bythe way both times this happened i had to get towed, thanks AAA

·
Registered
954 Posts
Warped said:
Most of the time you can take a socket and bang it over top of the lock with a hammer and then use the rachet and take it off. That easy
How do you think thieves do it so fast? Thats how
That is what they did to my car to get one of the lugs off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
call up some of your local pro shops, one of them is bound to have a skelton key to use on it. there pretty easy to use and you might get lucky enough to find one at a parts store, for vw locks you need the oval key. on the outside it will look like a regular socket, but if you look at the inside it will be an oval. they work great and dont damage anything. good luck!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I went through hell with this... ended up having to go to a welder. He welded an Iron rod to it and it finally turned. I've never seen anything like it... I tried everything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I actually did not have a key for my locks I just took a impact socket and a 2 pound hammer and beat it on and hooked up my impact and bam! spun it right off then put it back on the same way but was a bit hard to get off :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts