Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying a whole new brake set up from ECS tuning but I am not sure which pads to purchase. I am going to get-

Full steel brake line kit
Slotted/cross drilled rotor rear
Stage 1 upgrade w slotted/cross drilled rotors

For the front I have the option of the Hawk HPS or HP pads. For the rear I have the option of the same thing. The way it looks I should get the Hawk HPS, is that the right choice?

I could also wait and get the PBR pads but the fronts are back ordered. Should I wait?

Now if I get the Hawks is the fact that they don't have wear sensors going to cause a problem?

Either way I am going to have to drop over $1000 :nervous:

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can buy everything without the pads. Dust really isn't a issue, I clean my ride all the time anway. I just want anything better than Mintex Red Box as far as performance.

Julian- Other than the dust are they good pads? Good performance and good wear?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Get the solid ones and save a couple hundred dollars.

He doesn't have the Axxis pads cuz he's too f'in lazy to swap 'em out. :p But yes, they're good pads. Get the Deluxe pads for long life, low dust, and rotor friendliness. Get the Ultimates if you want better fade resistance and better "initial bite", at the expensive of life and rotor friendliness. The pads are a little more dusty, but the dust is lighter colored than the HPS.

The Porterfields are $$$! The Axxis ones are what, $68 for the front, $35 for the rear?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i woudl recomment axxis ultimate pads, i have heard that their Delux or Metal Master pads are awesome as well,

The axxis pads are amazing, great initial bite, i cant find a way to fade them.

go to the same places stealth said to for the axxis pads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.