Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parking lights on the passenger side won't shut off. My car has been with the mechanic the last 2 days and he can't find the problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should provide a little backround...

This weekend I used the remote to arm the alarm and lock the doors. The doors on the drivers side refused to lock even though the alarm armed itself. :suspicio: So I used the remote to disarm and arm the alarm and to also unlock then hopefully lock all the doors. Not only did this not work, :shock: but the parking lights on the passenger side wouldn't shut off. :mad:

Needless to say my car has been at the mechanics for the last 2 days...Any thoughts on where or what to troubleshoot? :???:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Well... as a temporary fix, I would pull your parking lights fuse, look at the diagram on the fuse panel to find out which one it is. The only thing I can think of, is that something to do with your locks has created a fault in the electrical system which somehow affects your parking lights. Like I said, pull the fuse, it will save your battery (lots of charge discharge cycles are bad for it). Go to your dealership and have them diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I heard from my mechanic and it appears that the problem is the Body Control Module and it is not cheap.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Uh-oh, mine may be going then :nervous:

I've had my parking lights stay on before after arming the alarm, the doors lock, and then horn beeps, but the lights stay on, so I unlock then lock then unlock and lock again and usually it fixes itself. Sometimes i've found that using the key instead of the remote solved the problem as well (with the two turns to the locked position for all the doors)

What does a CCM run anyways ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts