Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a panasonic CX-DP880U 8 disc changer in my 1999 Passat. I used a PIE VWR/PC-PAN adapter. For some reason I can't direct access discs 7+8 plus the mix function will not work. I've tried a replacement cable but no help. I called PIE and Crutchfield but no help. What am I missing? Otherwise the changer works fine. :???:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well, the stock HU can only support 6 discz

A ghetto trick I do to access the 7th and 8th disc is to go to the last track on the 6th disc and forward it all the way to the end and it'd skip to the 7th disc. Do the same for the last track of the 7th disc and off u go to the 8th.

If you burn your own CD, just do a 20 seconds blank track at the end :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
So how is the am reception in your '99? I have the same one and I am thinking of adding a cd changer. Did you lose any FM reception after the cd changer install?

Steve

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have that same changer and adapter in my non-monsoon '99 also and it works fine. Mix function doesn't work but I access disc 7 by pushing 5 twice in a row, access disc 8 by pushing 6 twice in a row. Works dandy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
From Crutchfield:

VW/98R-PAN adapter allows you to connect a Panasonic CX-DP880 8-disc CD changer to select 1998-2004 Volkswagen radios with CD controls.

The VWR/PC-PAN is fully compatible with the radio's "Mix" feature, and allows direct access to discs 7 and 8.

Can you confirm you have the PC-PAN and not the R-PAN?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts