Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I picked up a black dead pedal from Drewparts, and I can't seem to figure out how to replace my grey one. I know there's one nut and unscrews out of the hole up top, but I can't seem to pull the pedal off. I'm afraid of breaking something if I try to force it.

Can someone who's done this before chime in and help a brutha out?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you unscrew the one nut in the upper right corner it should come right off as you slip it sideways to get it out from under the lip of the side foot panel. At least that the way I removed mine from my 2003 wagon.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If you are still having trouble then take out the kick panel next to the dead panel, since the pedal slides into that. Take the plug out and unscrew the panel, then unscrew the pedal and it should come out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no luck. This thing is wedged in there good. I unscrewed both the nut on the top of the dead pedal and the screw on the side kick panel, but the pedal still doesn't want to come out. I've slid the pedal as far up as I can, but it's still won't come loose from the side. I'm considering just leaving it alone. Maybe a dirty grey pedal isn't so bad after all :sad:

Thanks for the advise,
Tony

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
tonyro said:
Still no luck. This thing is wedged in there good. I unscrewed both the nut on the top of the dead pedal and the screw on the side kick panel, but the pedal still doesn't want to come out. I've slid the pedal as far up as I can, but it's still won't come loose from the side. I'm considering just leaving it alone. Maybe a dirty grey pedal isn't so bad after all :sad:

Thanks for the advise,
Tony
I had to pull on mine VERY HARD to get that damned dead pedal out. The side panel is a pain in the butt because you'll have to contend with it when putting the black one back in. The black one looks cleaner IMO...

/karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.